Please discuss the options for defensive players setup. I propose that we add an additional defensive player position and add points for tackles. We have it setup now for 6 points for a sack or INT.
Next week, I will add an option to vote on this issue. It will link to a poll on the MDFL web site on Sportsline.
Vote for this topic here
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
I like defensive players, 1pt tackle, 4pts sack (2pts half sack), 6 pts int, no pts for scoring, fumbles etc.....
Redeye-Would a sack get 5 points if you add the 1 point for the tackle? What about two D players instead of one?
I think 6 is too high for INT. If we reduce sacks to 4, then INT should be reduced also. I am at peace with the 1 point for tackles.
I propose we either leave it the same as last year or just get rid of it. Once you add tackles/ints, etc, you are really creating a monster. The purpose of having Defensive player to me was to add a little fun and a little stategy not to create a player that routinely change the outcome of games by averaging 15-20 points.
The system definitely needs a change. 1 or a half point for a tackle. 3 points for a sack(1, 2 or 1.5 for a half sack), and 4 or 5 for an INT and 6 for a tuddy.....or switch to a team defense system.
Why should a player get 1 point for making a tackle? I would be ok with adding "Tackle For Loss" but I just don't see how giving a point to Urlacher for a tackle 8 yards downfield after getting run over is a good thing. Points go for good plays not something that happens on every play.
I say leaving it the same as last year (6 pts for sacks and int.) except allow 6 points for touchdowns by a defensive player. The touchdown can either be a fumble or int. returned for a touchdown or a offensive touchdown by the defensive player or a special teams touchdown.
Leave it the same as last year.
Griffins
I say either leave it the same as last year or slightly modify, like Finger's idea of a premium for a def TD by individual.
I have not interest in following individual tackles, being at the mercy of some drunk record keeper. .5 tackle here, .5 there....Keep it simple.
Either get rid of defensive players or do it right. By doing it right, we need to open up all the scoring so there is actually some strategy, not just playing a DE and hoping for a sack or two.
1/2 point for a tackle
4 points for a sack
5 points for an interception
3 points for a forced fumble
3 points for a fumble recovery
6 points for a defensive touchdown
If we keep it the same as last year, then I don't want defensive players. We should really vote on the scoring system first before we decide to have defensive players
When we added defensive players last year it was on a trial basis and designed to add a little fun and a little stategy. I think it accomplished both of those goals. When you complicate things with 6 different scoring categories for a defensive player you lose me and I think alot of other people in this league. I am open to some tweaking but haven't seen any suggestions that appeal to me. I would vote to leave it the same.
I have to go now... Obama is playing Stuart Scott in 1-on-1 bball game on a Sportscenter segment, don't want to miss that. Booyah!
Know clue, I was for having tackles because I wanted the field to expand beyond DE's (I mean who besides Sku would start a DB).I think that their are LB's (like Urlacher) that get 5sacs, 3-4 ints and 120tackles who would be attractive options if we had a scoring system.
How about something along the lines:
1. Sac 4pts, 1/2 sack 2 pts, Int 6pts.
2. Defensive TD 6pts.
3. 5-10 tackles 3 pts, 11+tackles 6pts.
Lets say DE Jason Taylor had 5 tackles with 1.5 sacks (very good game for DE) he would rack up 9 pts. Say Urlacher had a Sack and 12 tackles he would have 12 pts. If someone goes out there racks up 15 tackles, a pick for a TD, and a Sack he would be Defensive player of the week and his pt total should reflect that...by the by that week would have 22pts for that player..
Correction on Urlachers total...his 12 tackle 1 sack game would be worth 10 pts not 12 since Sacks would be worth only 4pts.
Also lets stay away from half pts.
Post a Comment